Electric Capital is looking for a talented engineer who
- has experience building big data systems,
- has entrepreneurial drive, and
- wants to work at the frontier of blockchain technology and cryptonetworks
- Build and maintain data collection tools to help our investment team make decisions. This includes handling unstructured data and scraping and crawling challenging platforms, extracting insights from Discord, Reddit, Github, and others.
- Contribute to Electric research and help write and publish insights.
- Build data-related tools that will help our portfolio companies and public good tools and products that will benefit the crypto community (think DeFi Pulse for example).
Our goal is to build several products in a few areas where we or our founders have identified the need for better solutions. This includes:
- Fund operations
- Developer workflow
- Wallet management
- Treasury management
- DeFi reporting and investing
- And many more...
This is a role for you if…
- You have several years of experience with data analysis, and communicating learnings through compelling stories
- You are skilled at initiating, developing, and maintaining data pipelines, data models, and dashboards
- You have experience crawling challenging platforms, and enjoy adopting a hacker mindset to acquire and analyze data
- You’ve built world-class software at scale before.
- You want to dive deep into the crypto world, furthering your knowledge of this new space.
- You have drive and initiative, and may be considering launching a company of your own.
Technologies we use
- Having played with crypto and Solidity is a big plus, but not a requirement.
- 5+ years of relevant data science experience.
- Drive, initiative, and self-motivation.
We’re even more interested in chatting if...
- You’ve worked with Postgres SQL, Map Reduce, and Puppeteer
- You’ve done a lot of crawling before
- You are already investing in cryptos or tinkering with DeFi, smart contracts, etc.
- You have experience in FinTech, banking, or other relevant industry.
- You have been at an early-stage company before, as an early engineer or founder.
- You have worked at a notable Internet company.
- Satisfy your intellectual curiosity by pioneering in a new field that’s moving at the speed of light.
- Fund participation. You will have the opportunity to participate in the Electric fund, giving you early exposure to promising companies and projects.
- Competitive benefits, including full health coverage and dental.