Electric Capital is looking for a talented systems engineer who
- has experience building big data systems,
- has entrepreneurial drive, and
- wants to work at the frontier of blockchain technology and cryptonetworks.
You will lead the development of projects that will benefit our investment team, our portfolio companies, and the crypto community. You will work most closely with our investment team, and you will be responsible for building systems that will give Electric and its companies an additional edge.
Our goal is to build several products in a few areas where we or our founders have identified the need for better solutions. This includes:
- Fund operations
- Market research
- Project health monitoring
- DeFi reporting and investing
- Wallet management
- Developer workflow
- Treasury management
- And many more...
We are entrepreneurs ourselves, and as such, you may have the opportunity to spin off a company of your own, supported by Electric and our network. Joining us is a great way for you to meet like-minded crypto builders, contribute to the ecosystem, and further your career in this new field.
This is a role for you if…
- You’ve built big data systems before.
- You are passionately curious about crypto and the role that it'll play in the years and decades to come
- You’ve built world-class software at scale before.
- You enjoy building prototypes and iterating on products quickly.
- You want to dive deep into the crypto world, furthering your knowledge of this new space.
- You have drive and initiative, and may be considering launching a company of your own.
Technologies we use
- Rust, Python, Go, Postgres SQL, Map Reduce, Puppeteer
- Having played with crypto and Solidity is a big plus, but not a requirement
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience specific to building big data systems.
- Experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data, data structure, concurrency.
- Experience in one of more of Rust, Python, Go, Postgres SQL, Map Reduce, Puppeteer
- Drive, initiative, and self-motivation
We’re even more interested in chatting if...
- You’ve worked with Postgres SQL, Map Reduce, and Puppeteer
- You are already investing in cryptos or tinkering with DeFi, smart contracts, etc.
- You have experience in FinTech, banking, or other relevant industry.
- You have been at an early-stage company before, as an early engineer or founder.
- You have worked at a notable Internet company.
- Satisfy your intellectual curiosity by pioneering in a new field that’s moving at the speed of light.
- Fund participation. You will have the opportunity to participate in the Electric fund, giving you early exposure to promising companies and projects.
- Competitive benefits, including full health coverage and dental.